Sunday, October 3, 2010

More of this please...

The stars are aligning for this year's Breeders' Cup - hopefully the people running the show realize the golden opportunity in front of them, between the movie, Secretariat, and the real-life racing star who is doing a mighty good impression of Big Red.

From the video below, it appears that perhaps they do.  The promo popped up on YouTube last night after Zenyatta's thrilling victory in the Lady's Secret stakes, her 19th win in a row.  The final race of her career will be one of the biggest races in the world, the Breeders' Cup Classic November 6th at Churchill Downs, where she will try to end her career a perfect 20 for 20. 

Astonishing.

If you missed the Lady's Secret, that's posted below as well.  When I bet on a race, I always get a little adrenaline rush as the horses approach the wire, maybe a few fast beats of the heart, if my horse is involved.

I didn't have a dime on Zenyatta's race, and my heart was pounding out of my chest right before she hit the line in her usual oh-my-god-I-don't-think-she's-going-make-it-this-time!!! fashion.

She's in a class all by herself as a champion racehorse.

I love her. I will miss her. I have run out of words to describe her.  Let's just roll the videos:




No comments:

Post a Comment