Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blame-Zenyatta: Wedded Bliss

They really ought to get married, these two.  Blame and Zenyatta are just those rare horses who know where the wire is and know how to get there first. 

It is rare, don't kid yourself.  There have been plenty of great horses over time who've shown amazing talent but haven't fired every time they've hit the track.  Zenyatta has already reached that status, and Blame is on his way.

I realize Zenyatta wasn't facing monsters in the Clement Hirsch, and I'm sure she'll get more criticism for that, but seriously, there have been plenty of great horses over time who've won and won and won and then suddenly against lesser, they've fallen short.  She never, ever does.  She always finds a way to win.  Blame seems to be cut from the same cloth.  I've been on his bandwagon for a long time now.  While it took me a while to accept Zenyatta's unparalleled winstinct, Blame's desire to win was immediately obvious to me.  I can't explain it. I just spotted it early on, and I'm no expert.  I'm in love with both of them.

In my humble opinion, these two are the top horses in training, bar none.

No comments:

Post a Comment